HOW IT ALL STARTED..
Farmington Heights Church has a rich heritage dating back to 1947. On November 2, 1947, 37 members officially joined with the Church of God denomination (Cleveland, Tennessee). The church was birthed following a two-month tent revival in Wilson, North Carolina, with Reverend A.V. Childers. The first pastor was Reverend Archie Luke. A small tent was borrowed for the first meeting space, until it caved in during a snowstorm. The growing congregation then moved to a small store building located near downtown. Sunday school was held at the home of a member who lived beside the store.By April 1948, the newly organized church had grown and the members wanted to build a church. They built a rectangular building on Lodge Street with no classrooms, no air conditioning, no fellowship hall, no carpet, no padded pews, no water coolers and no restrooms. The only thing they had was a pot belly stove.
EXPANDING THE VISION..
Over the next 15 years, God blessed the church with new growth. Additions and remodeling were done to the sanctuary, and a parsonage was built. In 1965 a new sanctuary was constructed at Lodge Street. As the people continued to worship and live for God, lives were changed and the vision of the church grew. Eventually, the opportunity presented itself for the church to relocate to a larger piece of property and begin growth for the future. On April 25, 1982, the present sanctuary at 910 Raleigh Road Parkway was dedicated to the Lord. The addition of the gym and children’s facilities were made in 1993. In April 2012, a nearly 17,000 square-foot facility was opened to serve as the home of Surge (our student ministry) and our Latino congregation. The Surge Center sits on Raleigh Road Parkway beside our main church campus and is equipped with a spacious game room, cafe, auditorium, store, and 4 community room spaces. It was designed to function as a center for the youth of our community.
WHERE WE'RE HEADED..
Today, Farmington Heights Church conducts two Sunday morning worship services with a combined total attendance of over 700 each Sunday. Over 17 nations are represented in our congregation and our church is reaching out to the community and world as never before. In addition to conducting mission trips throughout the year, we are also very involved in ministering to our city and community in unconventional ways. Our prayer is not “God, give us the city,” but rather, “God, give us to the city.”
We are currently working towards remodeling our facilities. We started in 2019 with a remodel of our main sanctuary stage. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, we updated our production room and production equipment to make online viewing better. As we continue this process, if you feel led to give to our remodeling projects, you can give by clicking "GIVE NOW" above and directing the funds to "Heart For His House".
Be a part of our story.
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 8:30am and 10:30am.